Akron’s Recombinant Human Interleukin-6 (rHu IL-6) product is manufactured following all relevant cGMP guidelines for ancillary materials. Akron’s rHu IL-6 is a single chain, 30 kDa, non-glycosylated cytokine analog expressed in E. coli without the use of His tags, containing 184 amino acids. The lyophilized product is packaged into vials and available in 10 µg and 100 µg aliquots.
In vivo, IL-6 both upregulates and downregulates inflammation and is an important mediator of fever and the acute phase response. It is produced by many diverse cell types in the body, including muscle and bone cells, and is involved in central nervous system functions. Akron’s cGMP-compliant rHu IL-6 can be used to stimulate the production of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells (HSC/HPC), human umbilical cord-mesenchymal stem cells (MSC), neurons, neutrophils, B cells, T cells, and control the function of various nonimmune cells.
• Negligible BSE/TSE risk from all sub-components for all media components
• Low Endotoxin (< 1 EU/µg)
• High Purity (≥ 97%)
• Yeast expression system
• Tag-free purification
• All raw materials are compliant, controlled, and traceable under Akron’s Quality Management System (QMS)
• Relevant cGMP guidelines used in manufacture, testing, and release
• USP <1043>, Ancillary Materials for Cell, Gene, and Tissue-Engineered Products
• ISO 13485:2016, Medical Devices - Quality Management Systems - Requirements for Regulatory Purposes
• ISO/TS 20399-1-3:2018, Biotechnology - Ancillary Materials Present During the Production of Cellular Therapeutic Products
• 36-month stability
• Store at -20 °C
• Transport on cold packs
Reconstitute the lyophilized product with 0.2 mL of sterile water. This reconstituted solution can be stored at 2 °C to 8 °C for one month and at -20 °C for three months without loss of activity. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
For research use or further manufacturing use in ex vivo cell therapy applications. This product is not intended for direct in vivo use or for direct clinical use as a drug, therapeutic, biologic, or medical device.
• Specific Activity
• Purity (Reducing SDS-PAGE)
• Purity (Non-Reducing SDS-PAGE)
• Bacterial Endotoxins
Lyophilized (10 µg) Cat # AK9841-0010
Lyophilized (100 µg) Cat # AK9841-0100