Akron is recognized globally for its highly specialized cell therapy-focused media development experience.
Over the years, Akron has developed media formulations for cells of all shapes and sizes with a focus on cell expansion, differentiation, and cryopreservation.
We leverage our formulation team’s expertise to generate optimal conditions for achieving your desired outcomes. Our systematic approach to experiment design and execution allows us to iterate quickly and define the best formulation for your application.
Once we have defined the optimal formulation for your process, we proceed to further develop the process and transition your product to cGMP compliance. We take on small to medium scale batch size productions to meet the appropriate supply needs of clinical and commercial cell therapy companies worldwide. With manufacturing scales from 10L to 500L, we make it possible for cell therapy developers to outsource media production to the experts and focus their efforts where it matters most – the drug product.
Whether you need us to start from scratch, transfer a well-defined in-house formulation, refine a poorly defined recipe, or optimize an off-the-shelf product with limited documentation and support, we can take your media, develop it further, and make it cGMP compliant.
Contact us today to learn how we can support your efforts to take control and improve your processes with cGMP-compliant media.
- SMALL BATCH FEASIBILITY – Early-stage media production (10L+) can be aliquoted for single-use
- VERTICAL INTEGRATION TO STREAMLINE SOURCING – Internal access to cGMP components for improved quality control and efficiency
- VARIOUS CONTAINER OPTIONS – Multiple formats from bottles to custom bags for your application
- EXTERNAL SUPPLIER QUALIFICATION – Raw material agnostic sourcing allows for flexibility in your supply chain and alleviates your workload
- COMPREHENSIVE DOCUMENTATION – Development of process, testing, and release package in line with cGMP requirements
- REGULATORY SUPPORT – Experience with regulatory agencies in the US, Europe, and Japan to ensure compliance and support filings
At Akron, our approach when developing custom media is to first and foremost establish a strong foundational formulation through extensive investigation and optimization with your team. Our goal is to deliver an optimized custom media that seamlessly transitions to your scale of production.
Contact our team of experts today to discuss your custom project requirements.