Akron’s Recombinant Human Interleukin-4 (rHu IL-4) product is manufactured following all relevant cGMP guidelines for ancillary materials. Akron’s rHu IL-4 is a single chain, 30 kDa, glycosylated cytokine analog expressed in Yeast without the use of His tags, containing 129 amino acids. The lyophilized product is packaged into vials and available in 10 µg, 30 µg, and 100 µg aliquots.
In vivo, IL-4 is a key regulator of humoral and adaptive immunity and is well known for stimulating the differentiation of T helper cells from naive T cells and stimulating the growth and differentiation of B cells. This diverse cytokine has two receptor complexes in which it interacts with; the hematopoietic receptor shares an identical subunit as the IL-2, IL-7, IL-15, and IL-21 receptor proteins, while the non-hematopoietic receptor is known to transduce IL-13 mediated signals in addition to IL-4. Akron’s cGMP-compliant rHu IL-4 can be used to promote the ex vivo activation of and class switching behavior of B cells, stimulate T helper cell differentiation, and promote the proliferation and activation of epithelial cells.
• Negligible BSE/TSE risk from all media components
• Low Endotoxin (< 1 EU/µg)
• High Purity (≥ 97%)
• Yeast expression system
• Tag-free purification
• Relevant cGMP guidelines used in manufacture, testing, and release
• USP <1043>, Ancillary Materials for Cell, Gene, and Tissue-Engineered Products
• ISO 13485:2016, Medical Devices - Quality Management Systems - Requirements for Regulatory Purposes
• ISO/TS 20399-1-3:2018, Biotechnology - Ancillary Materials Present During the Production of Cellular Therapeutic Products
• 36-month shelf-life
• Store at -20 °C
• Transport on cold packs
Reconstitute the lyophilized product with 0.2 mL of sterile water for injection (WFI). This reconstituted solution can be stored at 2 °C to 8 °C for one month and at -20 °C for three months without loss of activity. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
For research use or further manufacturing use in ex vivo cell therapy applications. This product is not intended for direct in vivo use or for direct clinical use as a drug, therapeutic, biologic, or medical device.
• Specific Activity
• Purity (Non-Reducing SDS-PAGE)
• Purity (Reducing SDS-PAGE)
• Bacterial Endotoxins
Lyophilized (10 µg) Cat # AK9839-0010
Lyophilized (30 µg) Cat # AK9839-0030
Lyophilized (100 µg) Cat # AK9839-0100