Akron’s Recombinant Human Interleukin-18 (rHu IL-18) is manufactured following relevant cGMP guidelines for ancillary materials. Akron’s rHu IL-18 is a single chain, 18.3 kDa, cytokine analog expressed in Yeast, containing 157 amino acids. The lyophilized product is packaged in vials.
• Negligible BSE/TSE risk from all media components
• Low Endotoxin (≤ 1 EU/μg)
• High Purity (≥ 97%)
• All raw materials are compliant, controlled, and traceable under Akron’s Quality Management System (QMS)
• Yeast expression system
• Tag-free purification
• Relevant cGMP guidelines used in manufacture, testing, and release
• USP <1043>, Ancillary Materials for Cell, Gene, and Tissue-Engineered Products
• ISO 13485:2016, Medical Devices - Quality Management Systems - Requirements for Regulatory Purposes
• ISO/TS 20399-1-3:2018, Biotechnology - Ancillary Materials Present During the Production of Cellular Therapeutic Products
• 36-month shelf life
• Store at -20 °C
• Transport with cold packs
Reconstitute the lyophilized product with 0.2 mL of sterile water. This reconstituted solution can be stored at 2 °C to 8 °C for one month and at -20 °C for three months without loss of activity. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
For research use or further manufacturing use in ex vivo cell therapy applications only. This product is not intended for direct in vivo use or for direct clinical use as a drug, therapeutic, biologic, or medical device.
• Biological Activity
• Bacterial Endotoxins
In vivo, IL-18 is a proinflammatory cytokine with varied effects, influencing both innate and adaptive immunity and implicated in the mechanisms responsible for autoimmune disease. IL-18 was originally known as ‘IFN-γ inducing factor’ and is widely known for its ability to co-stimulate the production of IFN-γ in T cells and Natural Killer (NK) cells alongside IL-12 and IL-15. IL-18 is one of the 11 members of the Interleukin-1 superfamily, which all share structural homology and signal via a similar pathway. Akron’s cGMP-compliant rHu IL-18 can be used to help differentiate, proliferate, and stimulate T cells, NK cells, Dendritic Cells (DCs), and macrophages.
Lyophilized (25 μg) Cat. # AK9999-0025